Featured Post

Delivery Time! Surprise Package from David at Long Fly Ball to Because

Like many bloggers, I've recently begun sending out spontaneous packages to people when I pull some cards that they need (or that I think they'd like). The way I look it, it's a win for me because I can keep my card collection at a manageable level (sort of...) and hopefully whoever gets the cards can use and/or cherish them much more than I would have. Sometimes, however, it results in an even bigger "win" for me because I end up receiving a surprise package later in the year with cards off my want list! This particular package is one of those suprises...and a spectacular one at that!

David, from the Long Fly Ball to Because blog, had a bunch of Topps Wal*Mart Black version cards on his want list that I was able to fill earlier this year. This past week, David returned the favor by sending me a wonderful package that knocked out some cards on three different sets I'm working on!

2008 Topps Heritage:
467. Ryan Theriot

I'm slowly nearing completion of the 2008 Topps Heritage set. Between the base set and the High Numbered set, this has been a trial in patience more than anything else since it's been so difficult to find anyone with extras (that I need) to trade with! As such, this card was a much-appreciated addition to my binder due to the extreme difficulty I've had in tracking it down.

2009 Topps:
Legends of the Game:

LG18: Roger Maris

For Series 1, I'm only missing one more of the Legends of the Game insert set...I'm rapidly closing in on completing the entire first series (including the black and throwback versions)!
Turkey Red:
TR13: Brian Giles
TR31: Justin Upton
TR42: Geovany Soto
TR43: Torii Hunter

I'm only missing 16% of the Series 1 Turkey Red set (that's 8 cards for those that didn't want to play along and do the math). I love this insert set and am happy it returned in Series 2, even if it is 100 cards in total and quite difficult to finish. This set is quickly becoming a priority for me!

2009 Upper Deck Goudey:
209: Whitey Ford

Ah, poor Goudey. The forgotten set of the blogosphere, or so it seems. I busted a bunch of blasters of this set, threw up my want lists and two months later haven't received much more than a nibble here and there off it! I guess no one bought enough of this particular set to have duplicates...or maybe it's like Spectrum where only I am dumb enough to try and collect it... Either way, anytime I can knock a card off my want list, I'm exceedingly happy!

Wow, thanks a lot David! This was a great package full of cards that I've been trying to track down for quite some time! As always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade please check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments