Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Eric from Pettitte Pursuit

Thanks to my epic Pack Wars, I've fallen drastically behind in posting packages that I've received in the mail lately. Since I posted my extra 2009 Topps Series 2 cards for trade, I decided to first highlight a package that Eric from the Pettitte Pursuit blog sent me in return for a few of the Series 2 Topps cards along with a couple of Derek Jeter cards. (Actually, Eric sent me the cards because he's an all-around nice guy and only later did I finally have something to offer him in return!)

Eric sent me a whole bunch of Reds, 36 in total! He sent me 12 different Barry Larkin cards, all of which will be featured in my long running Barry Larkin Collection series. Some of the highlights and favorites from Eric include:

2009 Upper Deck A Piece of History Baseball - #24 - Jay Bruce:

I didn't buy a single pack of this product after seeing it get slammed by countless bloggers - but I have to admit I kind of like this card. I think I'd be content to trade for any Reds and leave the rest of the set for others to collect though, so I don't regret my decision!

2009 Topps - Ring of Honor - #RH6 - Johnny Bench

Wow, this is a really nice card. I believe the Ring of Honor cards are only available in hobby packs...and since there isn't a hobby shop anywhere around me that I know of, I never get the hobby only exclusives. I like the card a lot though, and I especially like the background behind Johnny. It looks like they took his photo on a Little League field!

2009 Upper Deck Baseball - #94 - Chris Dickerson - Gold #ed/99

Another set that I didn't collect any of this year, the Upper Deck base set simply didn't do much for me this year. However, I do like any card showing a Red - and this one is even better since it's numbered out of 99. This is actually my second '09 Upper Deck card numbered out of 99 thanks to the generosity of bloggers!

1992 UltraPro - #P8 - Hal Morris

This card cracks me up. It's got Morris (first baseman of the Reds) with a tennis racquet in hand on the front. On the back, the card proudly proclaims that it is a "limited edition of 250,000!" Wow, only a quarter of a million of these cards made...

And last, but certainly not least,

1991 Score - #647 - Hal Morris - Autograph

This appears to be a through the mail autograph of Hal Morris! I've always liked the 1991 Score set - and I definitely will (someday) figure which of the cards I am still missing and hopefully finish off the set via trades.

Thanks again Eric! If anyone else would like to work out a trade, please check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. when you figure out which '91 Score you're missing, hit me up. I've got lots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment