Featured Post

Delivery Time! The Never Ending Group Break Cards from Troll

Most people reading baseball card blogs probably know all about The Collective Troll's never ending group break.  The Troll, as he likes to go by, wrote about almost every single card from almost every single pack from a whole bunch of boxes over a period of weeks!  I'm guessing that everyone has seen all they need to see of the Pinnacle cards - including the Troll...so I'm going to show off some of the other "extras" that were thrown in along with the group break cards!

First up, my favorite:
2001 Upper Deck Heroes of Baseball:
B-KeG.  Ken Griffey Sr.

This is my first Ken Griffey Sr. relic and it's certainly interesting.  Notice the strange shape that Upper Deck cut the bat piece into... 

2007 Topps 205
90.  David (Homer) Dewitt Bailey

I actually didn't know that Homer's real first name was David until I flipped this card over.  I'm also hopeful that Homer will finally put together a good season for my beloved Redlegs after seeing glimpses of greatness out of Bailey last season...

1998 Bowman
145.  Bronson Arroyo

In addition to the Reds, I also picked up the Pirates spot in the group break since no else claimed them.  This particular Bronson Arroyo card is extra nice since the 'ol singer/guitar player is now a Red!

2007 Bowman Heritage
18.  Zach Duke  -  Shiny, thick parallel

Between the super thick card stock (which I suppose was Topps' way of thwarting pack searchers) and Duke's slightly creepy/crazy look, this card is an instant classic. 

2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces
24.  Adam Dunn

Remember the days when Upper Deck made nice sets?  *sigh*

And finally, two cards from the 2009 Bowman Chrome set that made me laugh!

24.  Adam Dunn
184.  Edinson Volquez (Blue parallel - #116/150)

Why did I laugh?  Adam Dunn, known for mashing homeruns, is shown throwing the ball.  Edinson Volquez, known for throwing the ball, is shown (attempting) to hit the ball.  As a fan who has spent a lot time watching each player, I'm not sure which can be more painful to watch - Dunn field or Volquez hit... 

Thanks a lot Troll!  And, as always, if anyone else wants to work out a trade (or do a fun group break), let me know and we'll work something out!

Comments

  1. I won the same Volquez card and I couldn't help chuckle at that too. It seems that the Reds have a lot of unintentionally hilarious photos...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment