Featured Post

Nacho Grande Group Break: 1998 Collector's Choice Pack 03

1998 Collector's Choice
Pack 03:


17.  Mike Mussina (Orioles)

I've always liked Mussina since he's from a town just down the road from me.  I was sad to see him go to the Yankees but I won't hold it against him (at least not too much).
26.  Todd Greene (Angels)
27.  Chuck Finley (Angels)
52.  Tom Gordon (Red Sox)

74.  Bartolo Colon (Indians)
96.  Kevin Brown (Marlins)
126.  Brad Rigby (Athletics)
147.  Raul Mondesi (Dodgers)

The "star players" in the set all have a silverish/gray border - it's a good way for kids to know which cards were "worth money" I suppose but otherwise it looks like a bunch of parallel cards sprinkled about base cards.  Oh wait, the parallel madness came a few years later!
166.  Vladimir Guerrero (Expos)
238.  Dan Wilson (Mariners)
246.  Rick Helling (Rangers)
257.  Roger Clemens (Blue Jays) & Denny Neagle (Braves)

This card will be going to Flywheels since no one claimed the Blue Jays.
257.  Roger Clemens (Blue Jays) & Denny Neagle (Braves)
Nothing quite says late 90s baseball cards like two of the same card in the same pack...  Ah yes, collation wasn't quite perfect in 1998.
SQ6.  Jose Guillen - StarQuest Special Delivery (Pirates)
Only one claimed team still hasn't seen a card show up - the Mets.  Of course, if you are keeping track, the Reds haven't had a card show up either - so the race for last place is on!  Stay tuned.  I plan to rip a few more of the '98 Collector's Choice cards before moving back to the '99 Collector's Choice and UD Classics box.

Comments

  1. Sweet,I got a card. I don't have a Gordon in a Sox uni either, so it is good for my collection. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment