Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

Phlogging: Whiteface Mt. - Lake Placid

I spent the previous Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday in Lake Placid, New York doing some sightseeing and skiing at Whiteface Mountain.  Here's a few pictures I snapped:

Lake Placid - Main Street

Inside the Olympic Center - Home of the 1980 Miracle on Ice

The site of the famous 1980 Olympic Hockey game

Lake Placid uses real Zambonis (not imposter ice machines like those that plague Vancouver)

Inside the main ski lodge at Whiteface

Welcome to the mountain!

Back to the Olympic Center on the second day in town.  I actually got to try curling in the Olympic Center!

Back to Whiteface - skiing the glades

At the summit of Whiteface.  This was actually the day of better visibility!

Views from the slopes



...and one last shot of the gondola before leaving the mountain...

The trip was a lot of fun, and it was a great way to spend the first half of my spring break (a nice perk of being a professor, what can I say)?!  I'll be parsing through the many emails that I received while I was gone in the next week or so...bear with me!  And, if you are interested in the 2010 Topps Black Parallel Josh Beckett of the Red Sox, leave your trade offer on the linked post!

Comments

  1. Love the pics! Looks awesome there...enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment