Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Greg at Night Owl Cards

I've been busy busting packs and scanning cards - seemingly every minute I'm not at work - but that doesn't mean the group break is all work and no play.  Au contraire my friend.

The latest envelope arrives courtesy of Greg over at the excellent Night Owl Cards blog.  As of this writing, Greg's rapidly approaching 100,000 hits and promises to have a contest - so check out his blog.  Chances are, by the time you read this Greg will be over the 100,000 plateau since I'm writing this a couple of days before it will be schedule to post.

Greg sent me a bunch of cards as part of a "payment" for the Dodgers even though he missed the signup.  Unfortunately, the Dodgers were previously claimed by BABenny.  However, Greg is in luck since I busted a full box of each of the sets myself so I've got plenty of my own cards to send his way.  (Keep an eye on the mailbox Greg, they should be there early next week.)

Enough chit chat though, let's check out the cards that I got!

First, a few cards from my massive want lists:

Topps 2010:
History of the Game: 
8.  Baseball Hits the Airwaves
12.  First Night Game

18.  Roger Maris
Tales of the Game:
8.  Roger Maris
16.  Bo Jackson

Legendary Lineage:
LL22.  Frank Robinson & Vladimir Guerrero

2009 Allen & Ginter:
Mini:
153.  CC Sabathia

1985 Topps:
454.  Glenn Wilson

You didn't think I only tried to collect modern sets did you?  The '85 Topps set is considered worthless by most people's estimation...and yet, it's been awfully tricky tracking down the remaining cards that I'm missing! 

In addition to the cards from my want lists, Greg also sent me a few more Barry Larkins for my collection

And finally, a whole mess 'o Reds from a variety of years and sets.  I love getting random Reds from people - it's amazing how many new cards I get each time!

Thanks a ton Greg!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you got them! Always enjoy finding stuff on your want lists.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment