Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Cameron from Reds and More.

I've been posting pack rips from the group break during every free moment...but I've also got a small stack of boxes (yes, boxes) of recent trades that I need to get posted as well.  One such trade is from Cameron over at the Reds and More blog.

I sent Cameron a bunch of Reds plus some of my duplicate Barry Larkin cards.  In return, Cameron sent me a bunch of Reds and some new Larkins!

Out of all the cards, I had to pick a few favorites to show off:

First up, one of two "hits" in the box:

2006 Fleer Tradition
TT-SC Sean Casey Relic

Casey is shown wearing the Reds uniform, and the jersey swatch clearly has a Reds' pinstripe on it...and yet the card is technically a "Pirates card."  Grr!

2008 Topps Chrome
#196  Joey Votto

I'm not a big fan of the 2008 Topps design, but I'm beginning to love the '08 Topps set in Chrome.  I know, I can't explain it either, I'm weird like that.

2009 Topps Finest
#36  Edinson Volquez

Now, here's a set that I would normally hate.  Admittedly gaudy design, blah photo, lots of wasted space...and yet, somehow in person, these cards are pretty sweet.  The back of the card, however, is still one of the lamest card backs of all of 2009.

2009 Goodwin Champions
Mini - #11  Johnny Bench

Now here's a card that I can appreciate.  It's a mini card (which I like), it's of Johnny Bench (one of the best Reds ever), and it features the Reds running man logo (totally awesome). 

2001 Fleer Greats of the Game
#120  Tony Perez

All I can say about this is:  I miss the good 'ol days of Fleer. 

2007 Topps Turkey Red
#39  Micah Owings

While technically a Diamondback, Owing's a Red now so that makes this "close enough" to a Reds card in my book!  I'm hoping Owings gets the chance to show his stuff this year - maybe the Reds can stick him in the outfield if the left field situation doesn't get sorted out.

Cameron also sent me a bunch of Larkins, including a mysterious Larkin in a case:

From what I can tell, it's a 1987 Barry Larkin Donruss Rookie Card.  However, the Beckett sticker on the case says it is a 2001 Donruss Anniversary Original.  What the heck, how can you tell that?!

In addition to the mysterious Larkin, Cameron also sent a bunch of others - all of which will (eventually) get their chance to shine my Barry Larkin Collection.

And finally, the second "hit" of the box (as announced by a note from Cameron)...  Cearly Cameron has a little bit of a twisted sense of humor!  Behold:

Thanks a lot Cameron for the trade (even if it did come with a booby prize) - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I honestly didn't even see the Pirates at the bottom of the Casey card until you pointed it out. I know I have a few others of him that have a pirates logo and he's a Red. I'm not a big fan of that. That Dusty card is sweet, what would you want for that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment