Featured Post

"Isle of Misfits" Group Break: 1998 Collector's Choice Pack 11

Isle of Misfits

1998 UD Collector's Choice
Pack 11


1.  Nomar Garciaparra (Red Sox)

Oh how the mighty have fallen.  In 1998 Nomar was the number one card in a baseball card set...a decade (or so) later and he can retire with barely a whisper...just a one-day contract from the Red Sox.
19.  Checklist (Mariners & Dodgers both shown - this will get randomed off)
37.  Randall Simon (Braves)
39.  Harold Baines (Orioles)
52.  Tom Gordon (Red Sox)
71.  Jeff Shaw (Reds)
77.  Brian Giles (Indians)

122.  Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays)
127.  Edgar Martinez (Marlins)
153.  Dave Nilsson (Brewers)
189.  Brian Johnson (Giants)

Another card from the "Masked Marauders" subset - Johnson was apparently a marauder since he hit a 12th-inning homer that led the Giants to a 6-5 win over the Dodgers.
233.  Dante Powell (Giants)

Yeah, I know I scanned two Giants cards instead of at least one card from a different claimed team, sorry - this card was simply too cool to not scan!  It's not often you get a horizontal card, with the featured player completely off the ground - and have it all look great...but this card manages to do just that.
SQ10.  Jose Cruz Jr. - StarQuest Special Delivery (Blue Jays)
27 of 30.  Juan Gonzalez (Rangers)

This pack earns the moniker "Isle of Misfits" since it featured five unclaimed cards - including both inserts!  On the bright side, I'm going to have a lot of trade bait for people who collect Rangers, Blue Jays, and Marlins!

Comments

  1. I was about to say that seeing Nomar's card reminded me of his retirement.

    I like the pic of Donte Powell and him being completely off the ground on a horizontal card.

    I may very well be uploading some cards on my WBE site soon.

    I did downsize an old Nachos Grande pic and put on my page as well as in the recent post you commented on.

    Have a good holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment