Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with blog reader Steve

I recognize that Allen & Ginter is all the rage across the blogs right now, but that doesn't preclude me from showing off the occassional trade post now does it?  Answer:  No.  (Plus, I'm a little bit saddened by A&G right now after my dud case).

I sent Steve some 2009 UD Goudey cards, a 2008 UD Timeline card, and a few Yankees.  In return, Steve knocked four more cards off my want list.

Here's what I got:
312.  Jack McDowell

Jack was an awfully good pitcher for awhile, and one that doesn't get nearly the credit he probably deserves!

337.  Omar Olivares

I don't remember Omar at all, though by 1997 he had already pitched in 182 games over a 7 year span.  He had four complete games in 1996 so I guess that's something.

361.  Bip Roberts

I don't think there's anything left to be said about Bip that hasn't been said already.  I'm also thinking the previous statement was one vodka short of a Yogi-ism.  Too bad it's only mid-afternoon...on a Monday.

424.  Esteban Loaiza

Did you know that Loaiza tied for the league lead in starts in 1995?  Me either, but he did (31 starts).  Of course, with an ERA of 5.16 and a win/loss record of 8-9, I'm not sure Pittsburgh was overly happy to have him be the league leader in starts...

Thanks a lot Steve!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments