Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Troll at Troll at the Plate!

I've been terribly busy with work lately - and thus, I've been slacking off a bit on the trade emails (there are a few of you out there who I owe a return email - I promise I'll get back to you real soon)!  However, just because I've been a complete slacker in the trade department doesn't mean that I haven't received any packages - in fact, two packages showed up in my mailbox yesterday including this one from the Troll over at Troll at the Plate.

This package contained both good and bad news - so let's start with the bad news:  Here's why those little plastic snap cases drive some people crazy, they simply don't do well in the mail!  Check out how the case's condition when it arrived in my mailbox.

Yikes!  I spoke to the Post Office, they said something to the effect of the following:  Many post offices have automated services where mail gets rollled up and around different sorters enroute to the final destination.  If a package isn't labeled "do not bend", it's likely to become rolled at some point.  Of course, if history is any indication, just because it is labeled "do not bend" doesn't automatically keep packages in tip-top shape!

Now, the good news is that despite the ruined snap case, the cards arrived unscathed!  Here's what Troll sent my way:

2010 Allen & Ginter:
Regular back minis:



88.  Kosuke Fukudome
90.  Kevin Kouzmanoff
295.  Josh Thole

2009 Allen & Ginter:
Regular back minis
:

55.  Alex Rios
118.  Scott Olsen
279.  Jon Lester
282.  Eric Chavez

Awesome!  A few minis from two of the Allen & Ginter sets...  I'm getting ever so close to having the 2009 A&G mini set complete (and the 2008 regular back mini set is only missing 3 cards as of now).  Thanks a lot Troll - and if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer...I'll be responding back to all emails tonight or tomorrow!

Comments

  1. I am a snap case hater myself, but I thought in the padded envelope a small one would make it. I was wrong... Glad the cards were unscathed. Very impressed with how close you are! I am less than halfway through with my 4 year Frankenset and is 50% Rays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment