Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Matt from Who Own Da Chiefs

I recently showed off my map of all the states that I've traded with in the last year and three months.  At this point, I have completed a little over 100 different trades this year alone - including a recent trade with Matt from Who Owns Da Chiefs.  I sent Matt a whole bunch of Allen & Ginter cards, plus a couple of relics, for a bunch of cards off of my want list.  You can read about Matt's side of the trade on his blog here.  Here's a look at what Matt sent my way - complete with lots of scans for your viewing pleasure!

2010 Allen & Ginter:
Base:
34.  Delmon Young

I needed this last base card in order to have two extra, fully complete, base sets.  I've already tried trading off the 2010 Allen & Ginter base set once (cards #1 - 300, plus all 75 This Day in History) but didn't get any serious offers.  If you'd be interested in acquiring such a set, let me know with your best offer (unopened packs will be considered, as well as cards off my want list)!
Regular back mini:
26.  Andy Pettitte
55.  Emil Rogers

113.  Billy Butler
185.  X-Rays
I still need a whole lot of the 2010 regular back mini cards, but I am moving along steadily with the collection...any help would be appreciated of course!
Autograph:
AGA-AE.  Alcides Escobar

It's always fun to get another autograph for my collection, even if I know nothing about Escobar!
Relics:
AGR-DR.  Darren Taylor

AGR-JL.  Judson Laipply

AGR-MPO.  Max Poser

I'm a big fan of these three relics - all are unique (swim suit, dress shirt, and domino) and perfectly illustrate the quirkiness that is Allen & Ginter.  As for the relic set itself, apparently my blog is one of the top hits when people search for the complete relic checklist.  With that in mind, I've decided I am going to try and form the complete checklist - including scans of all the relics.  It's a project that will probably take me awhile, but hopefully something useful for the collecting community at large.  With that in mind, if you have any relics that I don't have (even if you don't want to trade with me), I'd at least appreciate a scan along with the card number.

2010 Topps:
Cards Your Mother Threw Out:
CMT-33.  Don Mattingly
CMT-44.  Mike Piazza

Another two cards off my want list, I'm now only missing four cards from the Cards Your Mother Threw Out insert set:  29, 30, 66, 106.  If you have any of those, please shoot me an email!

2008 Allen & Ginter:
Regular back mini:

221.  Tim Hudson

The 2008 mini set has proved highly difficult to track down the remaining two cards (290, 308).  Once again, I'm asking my readers for assistance!

2008 Upper Deck:
StarQuest Uncommon:
SQ-18.  Manny Ramirez

StarQuest Rare:
SQ-17.  Hanley Ramirez

Admittedly, I've grown tired of the '08 Upper Deck StarQuest set...I have no idea why I thought I'd try to collect all four parallel levels of the set...but for now, it'll remain on my want list.


2000 Fleer Impact:
16.  Al Leiter
32.  Randy Velarde
46.  Greg Vaughn
132.  Jason Varitek

134.  Octavio Dotel
Mighty Fine in '99:
7 of 40.  Joe Girardi
15 of 40.  Tino Martinez
38 of 40.  Jose Canseco
40 of 40.  Fernando Tatis

I've had the 2000 Fleer Impact set on my want list for the longest time - and I believe this is the first time that anyone has actually traded me cards from the set that I need!  It's only a 200 card set but I'm still missing quite a few...and what can I say?  I'm a sucker for the simple sets!


1991 Score:
502.  Keith Comstock

737.  US Flag

Everyone makes fun of the poor 1991 Score set...but I happen to find it sort of endearing.  It's a huge, sprawling beast full of fun subsets, strange oddball cards, and some of the most boring photography of almost any set.  Even so, I'm still trying to complete my set - and I'm rapidly approaching the completion - I only need the following cards:  510, 634, 743, 797, 835, 869, 890.

1985 Topps:
603.  Rick Manning

Much like the 1991 Score set, the 1985 Topps set is another set that most people have panned but I've chosen to collect.  And, just like with the 1991 Score set, I only need a few more cards:  181, 316, 325, 348, 401, 454, 471, 511, 536, 664, 730, 737, 75.

In addition, Matt also threw in a bunch of Barry Larkins, all of which will get their own chance to shine in my Barry Larkin Collection series.

Thanks a lot for the trade Matt!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments