Featured Post

Delivery Time! Surprise Holiday Gift from Ryan!

Back in January I posted my New Year's Sports Resolutions.

In June, I decided to take a look at my progress since the year was roughly half over.

Why does this matter now?

It matters, because blog reader Ryan (who may or may not have a blog...my handy Excel spreadsheet where I try to keep track of such things doesn't have a blog for him listed) sent me the last two mini cards I needed for my 2008 Allen & Ginter mini set!

This was the first Ginter mini set that I decided to try and collect - and thanks to the amazing generosity of Ryan (who actually went out a specifically purchased the two cards I needed for me as a Holiday gift), I am now able to say I have the complete set - and knock off another item on my 2010 Resolutions list!

To make it even better, I'm now only missing six mini cards from the entire mini insert sets from 2008 Allen & Ginter:
Ancient Icons: #6, 17, 18
Team Orange: #1, 4, 10

Once I acquire those (and if a reader happens to have any, please hit me up in the comments or via email), I'll have the entire base set, mini base set, state flag set, World's Greatest Victorys set, World Leader set, Deadly Shark set, Pioneers of Aviation set, and Baseball Icons set complete!

Thanks a lot Ryan, it was a great surprise to find in my mailbox yesterday!

Comments