Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Jon from Community Gum

Now that the calendar is showing December, it's time to take a moment to reflect on the past year...  As of this writing, I've managed to send out exactly 120 trade packages (this doesn't count group break mailings unless there was also a trade involved somehow).  Thanks to those 120 packages, I've managed to keep my collection at a (mostly) reasonable level...I keep adding to the binders of sets I collect while continuously trade off cards that I'm not exactly interested in.  My latest trade fits the bill perfectly!

Jon, from the always entertaining Community Gum blog, contacted me about a trade - a pile of his unwanted 2004 UD Vintage cards for some of my unwanted Greg Maddux cards along with some of my unwanted Cubs. As any self-respecting Reds fan ought to be, I have plenty of unwanted Cubs and Maddux cards, so I was only too happy to oblige Jon.  You can read about what I sent him over on his blog, I'm more interested in showing off cards I actually want!

2004 Upper Deck Vintage:
Jon sent me 32 different cards that I needed - here are a few of my favorites:

36.  Carlos Beltran

The 2004 UD Vintage set is definitely a set full of boring-arse pictures.  However, there are the occasional action shots that standout much more so than they would in a set like Stadium Club.  This particular card is one of them.

113.  Jason Lane

The eyes, my God the eyes!

133.  Scott Rolen

I'll forgive Rolen for being a Cardinal on this card but only because he seems to hate the Cardinals so much now.

177.  Woody Williams

In a sign of the coming apocalypse, two of my four favorite cards from the trade happened to wear the "wrong red" uniform.  However, I defy anyone to enlarge this card's photo and stare at...the longer you stare, the more disturbing it looks - seriously, try it...at one point you'll convince yourself that Williams' shirt is missing the back, another moment will have you convinced his wrist has been shattered in about twenty places, etc.  Freaky.

Thanks a lot Jon for the trade!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments