Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Check Out My Questions

I've seen plenty of people around the blogs with posts talking about ordering from Check Out My Cards, so I decided to take the proverbial plunge today.  I managed to knock 11 cards off of my want list for about 15 bucks.  Not terrible, but not great either...especially considering the fact that most of what I got were worthless cards (except to set collectors)!

My question is, how many of you have actually sold cards on COMC?  Is it worthwhile?  How long does it typically take to sell cards?  What type of cards did you sell (or try to sell) (i.e. base cards, relics, inserts, short prints, etc.)?  Any advice or suggestions or should I stick to eBay for my selling needs?

Speaking of eBay and my set needs, I did finally break down and buy the last remaining 2010 Allen & Ginter N43 card I needed.  I'm still missing a bunch of these from 2009 though!

One more question, has anyone figured out a good way to store the N43 cards in a binder?

Comments

  1. I've sold a ton of cards on COMC, and in my opinion, as long as you are looking to spend your store credit on the site, and not try to cash out, it's extremely worth it.

    Since they charge you a fairly substantial processing fee, to me, it's not worth sending in any base cards, unless they're short printed or vintage. Game used cards sell really well for me, but I am also willing to accept $1-$3 offers on them.

    I started selling about a year ago, and have totaled over $800 in sales between my two accounts. Whenever the urge to buy cards hits me, I know there's always some COMC store credit to play with, which usually scratches the itch.

    If you decide to start selling, I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question Chris. I've been wondering the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also sold some on COMC. I'm doing things along the lines of what Beardy is. I don't send in regular base cards because they just aren't worth it. I mostly stick to some of the more rare inserts and shortprints. I use most of my store credit to fill holes in my sets and Cal Ripken Collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've sold on COMC as well and like it. I just never get around to it as often as I'd like because you have to pay in advance to get the cards on the site. It's not like eBay where you pay your fees from your earnings. I just loaded up my account though from some sales on eBay with the intent of sending in some cards to sell.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment