Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Cards from Chris at BaseballCardPedia

A few days ago I received a tantalizing email that went like this:
"I have a few cards off your want list.  Send me your address."

That was all - so I did what any collector would do and emailed back...a few days later, look what shows up thanks to Chris of the BaseballCardPedia.

Before I show off the cards Chris sent me, I discovered something else that excited me thanks to the BaseballCardPedia.  I decided to take a look at the 2011 Topps checklist and to my surprise, it's loaded with a whole bunch of new Barry Larkin cards for me to collect (a total of six different inserts, included relics, autographs, and a couple of dual relic cards with the pictured shortstop some guy named Jeter).  I'm excited enough now that I've preordered a case of jumbo boxes from Series 1.

Anyhow, back to the cards Chris sent my way:

2008 Topps Heritage High Series:
Then & Now:
TN 5.  Bob Allison and Dustin Pedroia

I'm fairly certain I ordered this card off of Check Out My Cards the other day so I'll probably have a second one for trade before too long...whoops!


2009 Upper Deck Goudey:
273.  David Wright


The Goudey set sure is difficult to complete - though I guess 200 base cards and 150 short prints should have been a giveaway back before I began collecting the darn thing.  Even so, it's great to slowly add cards to the set binder!


2004 Upper Deck Vintage:
4.  Nomar Garciaparra
140.  Derrek Lee
174.  Livan Hernandez

204.  Pat Burrell
285.  Jerry Hairston Jr.

I only recently added the 2004 UD Vintage set to my want list and already two or three people have sent me cards from it.  I thought it was a long shot but now I believe that I might actually be able to complete the thing (minus all the crazy short prints) before the end of the year!


2000 Topps Stadium Club:
6.  Alex Gonzalez
8.  Orlando Hernandez
27.  Roy Halladay
53.  Jose Vidro

6.  B.J. Surhoff
62.  Andy Ashby
70.  Bernie Williams
74.  Bob Abreu
77.  Ron Belliard
79.  Mike Hampton
88.  Neifi Perez
90.  Ivan Rodriguez

113.  Scott Williamson
118.  Torii Hunter

Thanks a lot for all the cards Chris (and keep an eye on your mailbox for a return package shortly)!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments