Featured Post

2011 Topps Rack Pack #1

It appears my chances of getting the jumbo case that I bought and paid for is slim-to-none at this point, so I hit up Target after work and found a few rack packs (plus one blaster) begging to be plucked off the shelf and thrown (gently) into my cart.  I figured I'd highlight each of the rack packs on their own (so you know what you might be getting yourself into), then I'll do the blaster, and finally, I'll compare the four rack packs and the blaster (because the total cost is basically 20 bucks each).  To begin, here's rack pack #1:

The rack packs hold 36 cards each (unless you get a relic, in which you get only 34 total cards):

Rack Pack #1:

Base cards:  
28 different (including 2 Reds:  Harang and Votto)

Inserts:

Vintage Reproductions (seeded 1:2):
CMGR-6.  Christy Mathewson

Gold parallel (seeded 1:5):  
#171.  Garrett Jones (#0062/2011)

From the back of the pack, it appears each rack pack contains one of the following:
Kimball Champion (#KC-23. Mat Latos)
Diamond Duos (#DD-BY.  Wade Boggs & Kevin Youkilis)
Diamond Parallel (#91.  Lucas May)
Note:  I want ANY and ALL diamond parallels - see this post as I try to complete the entire set!
Topps 60 (#T60-23.  Neftali Feliz)
Topps Town (#TT-10.  Josh Hamilton)
60 Years of Topps (#60YOT-17.  Franks Robinson & Brooks Robinson)

All in all, not a bad start to my 2011 Topps collection.  I really like the Diamond parallels (obviously) - but I could also see myself chasing the Kimball mini cards.  The Diamond Duos are definitely nicer than last year's Legendary Lineage, but they are too close to the same for me to bother collecting anything but the Reds I believe.

Comments