Featured Post

The Shinys are Here, Part IV: Votto and Halladay +19 Others

My 2011 Topps collection of shiny diamond parallel cards continues to grow.  I recently won an eBay auction featuring shiny cards of Joey Votto, Roy Halladay, and 19 other players.  With these cards, my collection sits at a cool 57 diamond cards (with a whole bunch more on the way)!

Let's see some of the highlights in all their shiny glory:

5.  Joey Votto

Obviously, Votto is my favorite card out of the bunch.  In fact, I think this card is only trumped by the Jay Bruce card showing Bruce's walk-off, playoff spot clinching home run (which I don't have the diamomd version of yet).


19.  Derek Lowe
30.  Gio Gonzalez

This card is neat because the bright green background is all sparkly - it makes it look like Gio is pitching in the land of Oz (the Emerald City for those who aren't up on their 1930s movies).


31.  Erick Aybar

Another nice photo - I do wish, however, that the team logos were on the card instead of the giant diamond logo in the bottom corner.  Even so, it's a nice card - and that guy with the green shirt in the background will be forever immortalized (though no one will know who he is).


41.  Freddy Garcia
56.  Johan Santana
89.  Placido Polanco
97.  Carlos Gomez

The sparkly Pittsburgh Pirate in the background really makes it appear as if Gomez is running right off the card and into your living room.  Sweet indeed!


137.  Xavier Nady

Another card that has the psuedo-3D effect going on.  I actually think these cards pull off the 3D look more than the Topps 2020 set from last year (despite there being no attempt at making these cards 3D).


139.  Eric Young Jr.
167.  Clay Hensley
225.  Josh Willingham
226.  Jose Guillen
This is the first duplicate diamond card that I own...I'm sure there will be plenty more duplicates to come though!
228.  Scott Rolen

Rolen is the second Red in the lot - maybe that's why it ended up going for so cheap!  Oh well, other's loss is my gain!


241.  Wandy Rodriguez
244.  Mike Aviles
251.  Alcides Escobar
264.  Ryan Perry
276.  Miguel Olivo
291.  Juan Gutierrez
300.  Roy Halladay

Roy is the final card from this lot - and it's a nice card to have checked off the 'ol want list!  

Comments

  1. Hello. Just curious, are you by any chance inadvertently getting doubles of diamond cards that you'd be interested in trading or selling?

    I'm also collecting. Thankfully I managed to pull the Bruce card - now I'm searching for Votto - and many more. Just picked up 8 others on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Nady is sweet! And that's Aki Iwamura in the background of the Carlos Gomez card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a few diamond parallels doubles currently. I'd rather trade for others that I need instead of selling them, but I'd be open to discussion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment