Featured Post

The Shinys are Here, Part VI: A Bunch More from the 'Bay!

As my loyal readers are well aware, I've been tracking down and trading for the 2011 Topps diamond parallel cards like crazy.  In fact, I've even introduced a contest where I am giving away complete sets (and not crap complete sets either - things like a complete 2010 Allen & Ginter set with short prints) in an effort to woo people to trade their shiny cards to me (each shiny card sent to me equals one entry in the contest).

However, I'm not relying solely on trades - I don't think I could since there are too many other people out there who decided they too wanted to complete the set.  Thus, I've hit up eBay for some purchases - this is one such package (and I believe the smallest shiny lot I've purchased off of eBay).

Here are the highlights:

3.  Jon Lester
My scanner likes to cut off the side of the shiny cards for some reason.  It's real annoying when I don't catch it.

9.  Gil Meche
67.  Vladimir Guerrero
94.  Ryan Raburn

125.  Evan Meek
152.  Baltimore Orioles

171.  Garrett Jones
192.  Cincinnati Reds

233.  Ramon Hernandez
244.  Mike Aviles - Duplicate

And with those ten cards (actually 9 cards, the Aviles is a duplicate), my diamond collection (as of writing this post - I still have a few other envelopes to open and sort) is up to 79 out of the 330 cards in Series 1.  Can I finish the set off before Series 2 rolls out?  I'm on my way - but there's a long way to go!

Comments