Featured Post

Delivery Time! Another N43 off my Want List!

Today, I've packaged up for mailing five different trades.  Of the five trades, four envelopes contain at least 30 cards - they are all fairly large trades.  However, in a nice twist of fate, today's mailbox contained one trade package for me - and it was for a single card off my want list from blog reader Ryan.

I sent Ryan a few Topps gold cards from last year, in return, he sent me the following:

2009 Topps Allen & Ginter:
N43 - MC
Miguel Cabrera

I'm creeping closer to having all the N43 cards from 2009 - I only need:  Pujols, Longoria, and A-Rod now!

In addition to the card that I wanted, Ryan threw in a couple of extras.  The first was a (slightly crimped) N43 of Ken Griffey Jr. from the 2006 Allen & Ginter set.

I didn't collect any A&G in 2006, so this is a great card for my collection!  I would have liked to go back and collect the full set - but given prices for '06 boxes, I don't think it is a feasible option for me at this point in time.  I will say, however, that the 2006 N43 player selection was much more impressive than the more modern sets...I like the mix of past greats plus current stars.

The final card Ryan sent was a Topps Magazine cut-out card of the Reds 1990 World Championship.  It's a great card that documents one of the few times in my lifetime that the Reds were actually a good team!

Thanks for all the great cards Ryan!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments