Featured Post

Delivery Time! Definitely Not a Lazy Trade

As of the exact moment I'm writing this post, I am down to only six more packages that I need to scan, sort, and post.  That's the lowest total number of packages waiting for me since 2011 Topps was released...I suppose it is a sign that trading has slowed down now that most people have completed the portion of the set that they have decided to collect (not me though, there's a lot of more 2011 Topps that I'd like to acquire)!

This particular trade is courtesy of Bradley from Confessions of a Lazy Scribe.  Today's trade is actually the second trade that Bradley and I have completed in the last couple of weeks - you can read about our first swap here.  For this go around, Bradley claimed one of my trade stacks - and only promised me the required one card.  However, as you'll soon see, he sent plenty more than one card that I needed!

2011 Topps:
Base:
178.  Heath Bell
192.  Cincinnati Reds
317.  Yonder Alonso

A couple of Reds since I'm a Reds collector...but it's the Bell card that I appreciate the most since that was one of the few remaining base cards that I still needed!   Once I get the base set complete, I plan to agressively target the remaining diamond parallel cards that I need (and there's one fewer needed thanks to this trade as you'll see near the end of the post)!  Assuming I can successfully complete the diamond set, this will be the second time in three years that I have chased down the Topps base set plus a full parallel set.  Actually, in 2009 I collected the full base set, plus the series 1 Wal*Mart black cards and the Target throwbacks (except for the following 2009 Target throwback cards that I still need3, 30, 101, 181, 182, 219, 232, 238 )


Topps 60:
T60-27.  David Wright

I guess this particular insert set must have been quite popular, it was fairly common in packs but I've received relatively few of them in trades.  Of all the insert sets in Series 1, this is the set I'm the furthest away from completing currently.  As of now, I am missing 24 out of the 50 cards in the set.  For comparison, after this trade I am only missing 23 (out of 59) of the 60 Years of Topps insert set.  I guess people are more willing to trade that set since it's basically a re-hash of last year's Cards Your Mother Threw Out.  As for me, I like both, but I think I agree that the Topps 60 set is more interesting in design (though the 60YOT set is a better set for the 60th anniversary celebration)!






60 Years of Topps:
60YOT-34.  Steve Garvey

60YOT-40.  Roberto Alomar

A couple of 60 Years of Topps cards, I'm about halfway through with this set which is good (which I discussed above already).


Diamond parallel:
57.  Mark Trumbo

Bradley nets himself another entry in my complete set giveaway contest.  This particular diamond card means that as of the time I'm writing this post I have almost 60% of the diamond set!  I'd still prefer to get that number up to at least 80% before Series 2 comes along, otherwise the chances of me completing the set are probably slim to none.  Unfortunately, I forgot to scan this card before putting in my binder...and now I'm much too lazy to dig it back out!


2010 Bowman Platinum:
15.  Joey Votto

I didn't buy a single pack of Bowman Platinum last year (or any other types of Bowman for that matter) so this card was a much appreciated addition to my Reds collection.  The entire Bowman brand confuses me so much that I simply don't bother tyring to figure it out.  Maybe someday, though I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!








Thanks for the great trade Bradley!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!



Comments