Featured Post

Delivery Time! Raise a Glass to the Orange Kool-Aid

One of the best things about online trading with (most) members of the baseball card community is the fact that you are rarely disappointed.  Even better, most of the time you are surprised in a positive way!  Many traders throw in a few extras that they think the recipient will enjoy, and David from Drinking the Orange Kool-Aid is certainly a perfect example of someone who does exactly that!

David and I agreed to a trade where I would send him a few cards off his want list in return for an Allen & Ginter autograph that I didn't yet have from 2010.  In typical trader fashion, I threw about 20 assorted cards from his favorite teams into the package - and he did the same for me.  Let's take a look:

First, the card that served as the catalyst for the trade:
2010 Allen & Ginter:
Autograph:
AGA-TC.  Trevor Crowe



A nice looking card though I don't know anything about Crowe.  I would, however, guess that if his auto was used for Phungo's auto contest no one would get it for quite awhile!

2004 Donruss Elite:
Passing the Torch:
PT-36.  Joe Morgan & Barry Larkin 
#ed 218/250


David sent me a few different Barry Larkin cards, including a Donruss card numbered out of 250.  The Donruss card features Larkin on one side and Joe Morgan on the other - I only showed the Morgan side today since the card will be featured someday in a post as part of my ongoing Larkin Collection Series.  There were also a few other Larkins in the envelope that will also get their chance to shine - I hate to ruin all the surprises in a single trade post...stay tuned!

2005 Fleer Ultra:
48.  Austin Kearns


I always liked the Fleer Ultra brand (especially around the turn of the millenium) but I don't think I have a single card from the 2005 set in my collection (until now of course).  It took me a bit to figure out where the card number was on the card - I'm guessing this is card #48 based on the faded number in the middle of the back of the card.

2002 Topps Archives:
154.  Dave Concepcion


Another awesome card - I really, really like the Topps Archive set.  Too bad the prices are always way too high anytime I happen to spot a box (or even a few packs) of the stuff.

2004 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites:
22.  Cesar Geronimo
Even better than Topps Archives, the All-Time Fan Favorites brand is probably the single line of cards that I own the least of yet would like the most of!  Unfortunately, my scan for this card didn't quite work...and now I'm much to lazy to take it back out of the binder to re-scan.  You'll have to use your imagination!

There were another 15 or so Reds cards in the stack - and while I didn't scan them all, they were all appreciated!  Thanks for the great trade David - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. We always have good trades. way behind on my posts, now that T-ball season has started, I have lost my Saturdays too, but I will post as well (eventually).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment