Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Blog Reader Patrick

I'm a bit behind in posting trade packages - this particular package arrived back on March 12th but you had to wait until now to see the contents.  However, as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait (or something like that).  Blog reader Patrick (who doesn't have a blog as far as my records show) recently sent me a bunch of 2011 Topps cards that I needed in exchange for one of the trade stacks plus a bunch of different Detroit Tigers cards.

Let's see what I am now able to knock off my want list:
Diamond Duos:
DD-LJ.  Barry Larkin & Derek Jeter

I wanted to acquire two of this card - one for my Topps 2011 Series 1 binder and the other for my Larkin Collection binder.  I am now happy to report that I have two copies, and thus, I can remove the Diamond Duos set from my want list - this ended up being the last card I needed for that set!

60 Years of Topps - The Lost Cards:
60YOTLC-9.  Stan Musial

Another set that I almost have complete - I'm only waiting on one more card to arrive via the mail...and heck, by the time this entry actually goes "live" on my blog, that card might be in my possession!

Vintage Reproductions:
CMGR-10.  Honus Wagner

CMGR-15.  Jimmie Foxx
As of this moment, there are seven more cards in the Vintage Reproductions set that I don't have either in my possession or in the mail headed my way.  If you happen to have any of these lying around, won't you check to see if they happen to coincide with the ones I still need?

60 Years of Topps:
60YOT-18.  Tom Seaver

60YOT-51.  Vladimir Guerrero
Did you know that 1969 was the last year that packs cost a nickel?  I didn't either - but thanks to the brief write-up on the back of the Seaver card, I learned something today!  It's a bit disconcerting to realize that from 1969 to now prices have climbed from a nickel per pack to whatever it is we pay today - maybe $2 or $3 a pack for base Topps...and that doesn't take into account how many fewer base cards we get per pack now!

Topps 60:
T60-2.  Andre Dawson
T60-10.  Alex Rodriguez
T60-20.  Manny Ramirez
T60-45.  Hanley Ramirez

T60-49.  Josh Hamilton
Wow!  Another five cards knocked off the want list - that's usually a fairly rare feat at this point in a collection's history!  This set is also nearing completion, in fact, I only need eight more cards now.

Diamond Parallels:
82.  NL ERA Leaders
164.  Koji Uehara
204.  Oakland Athletics
257.  Travis Hafner
259.  Kyle Davies
272.  J.J. Hardy
314. Ryan Kalish (x2)

321.  Jeremy Guthrie
326.  Ozzie Martinez
Patrick nets himself ten entries for my complete set giveaway contest happening later this year.  For that contest, the entries are starting to add up now - but I still need almost 40% of the Series 1 diamond set, so there's plenty of ways to earn more (or your first few) entries into the contest!

Thanks for the tradr Patrick - and, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I need that Kalish if you will part with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got two, so I can trade the one away! Shoot me an email, we'll work something out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment