Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Topps National Chicle: Packs 07 and 08

I've been having a blast opening up the box of 2010 National Chicle - and now, it's time for another pair of packs.

Pack 07:
17.  Ken Griffey Jr.
At least Griffey got a fairly nice card!  I think it would have been more fitting to have a painting of Griffey with his trademark smile and backwards hat, but hey, what do I know?  


79.  Russell Branyan
85.  Justin Verlander
248.  Tom Seaver
267.  Tobi Stoner


282.  Roy Campanella
Woo, my second short print of the box - and it's my first of the retired stars revisted short print subset! I sort of think that Campanella looks a bit like a bobblehead in this painting - but still, I like it!
Retail Checklist 2






Pack 08:
32.  Andy Pettitte
133.  Andrew Bailey
158.  Stephen Drew
227.  Rogers Hornsby
I really like this drawing.  I think it's the box seats in the background that add just enough intrigue for me to scan this card rather than the rather boring Joe Morgan card that I also pulled out of this pack.  


250.  Joe Morgan


241.  Christy Mathewson - Bazooka back

The Mathewson card is a Bazooka back parallel - seeded 1:8 packs (so I should expect two more Bazookas in the box).  Does anyone out there collect the different parallel versions?  All of the parallel versions that I pull in this box will be for trade.  










One-third of the box down, no hits yet - but it's a retail box so there aren't any guaranteed hits anyway.  Not only that, but since I'm only interested in the base set I don't mind the fact that I haven't found a hit!

Comments

  1. I have to disagree on that Campy card, I'm really not a fan of that drawing

    The Griffey is nice, though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment