Featured Post

Trade Stack 10: Trade Stack Transmogrifier Stuck on "Crap"

Here is how this works:
Every so often (i.e. whenever I feel like it), I will add a card to a "Trade Stack".  Whenever the stack becomes appealing enough to someone, that person needs to comment on the post saying they'd like to claim the stack AND tell me which card they are sending off of my want list.  That's all you have to do - trade me ONE card (or more, of course) card from my want list for the entire stack of cards that I'm offering.  Each time, it will be first come, first serve...so act quickly (unless of course you are a gambler and hope to wait it out until there are 10+ cards in the stack that you want in exchange for a single 2004 UD Vintage card that I am looking for)!

The Trade Stack:
Last update:  3/1/11


I believe it was Dayf who first coined the term Transmogriffer (and perhaps he spelled it differently but whatever)It was Calvin & Hobbes from whence Transmogrifier originated, though I still believe it was Dayf who used the term to describe Topps' million card giveaway "randomizer" .  Anyhow, the Trade Stack Transmogrifier must be stuck on the "crap" setting...but that somehow works out because I'm in the middle of interviewing candidates on campus...and there's no time to mail packages tomorrow anyhow.  I fully expect I'll be adding a fourth card to the trade stack - but now that I said that, someone's probably going to claim this just to spite me.


*A special tip of the hat to mmmrhubarb and dawgbones for alerting me to my error!


1985 Topps:
772.  Johnnie LeMaster - Giants




1991 Upper Deck:
775.  Fred McGriff - Padres



2007 Topps:
Mickey Mantle Home Run History
MHR418 - Mickey Mantle - Yankees



Want the card(s) in the stack?  Act fast - tell me which card you will send me off my want list in the comments below!  If no one claims this card within a reasonable amount of time (a few hours up to a few days, depending) - I'll add another card to the stack and the process will start again!

Previously Claimed Trade Stacks:
Stack 1:  2 cards by dayf
Stack 2:  8 cards by Justin
Stack 3:  17 cards by Cam
Stack 4:  4 cards by Cam
Stack 5:  9 cards by Daily Dimwit
Stack 6:  4 cards by The Lost Collector
Stack 7:  1 card by Baseball Dad
Stack 8:  1 card by M. Spiegel
Stack 9:  6 cards by bwsmith25
Stack 10:  ?? cards by ??

Comments

  1. Good luck with the interviews, that's a beast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:53 PM

    If we're talking about "transmogrifier", then at least Calvin & Hobbes deserves a nod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not that I'm nitpickin, but it's
    transmogriFIER (2 "I"s, split by 1 "F"). Cause I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that dayf got this little jewel from my 2nd favorite comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes. now, back to your regularly scheduled trade stack! (and good luck with your interviews as well)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment