Featured Post

2011 Topps Heritage: 3 Pack Target Blister Pack

I happened to be in Target - and I happened to stumble down the card aisle - and I happened to spot a new Topps Heritage distribution method - and so I happened to buy it.

3 packs of 9 cards each plus one three card black parallel pack for $8.99.  Per base card, that comes out to $0.33 per card (or $0.29 per card if you want to count the black parallels).  For comparison, a $19.99 blaster contains 8 packs of nine cards for an average cost of $0.28 per card).  It's close, but the blasters do provide slightly more product for your dollar...

Anyhow, you didn't come here to see me do arithmetic, you came to see cards!  Behold:

Pack 1:
54.  NL Home Run Leaders

80.  Jay Bruce
171.  Edinson Volquez
196.  Jose Valverde
278.  Derek Lowe
280.  Hiroki Kuroda
302.  Ramon Hernandez

380.  Tim Hudson
402.  David DeJesus

Wow, counting the NL Home Run Leaders card (which features Votto), four of the nine cards had Reds on them!  That'd be a terrible pack for most people - but I'm not most people!  For me, it's probably the best single pack that I've opened thus far - it's certainly the best pack without a short print or insert that I've opened from 2011 Heritage.


Pack 2:
22.  San Diego Padres
26.  Josh Thole
52.  AL Home Run Leaders
119.  Scott Cousins
157.  Shane Victorino

328.  Raul Ibanez
418.  Ian Stewart
422.  Kendry Morales
425.  Kevin Youkilis

Checklist 6 of 6

I'm fairly certain that Youkilis (card #425) is the last of the non-short printed cards in the set.  This pack certainly wasn't overly exciting - though I did need most of the cards!


Pack 3:
32.  Russell Martin
159.  Joba Chamberlain
170.  Aramis Ramirez
198.  Tony La Russa
209.  Andrew Romine

269.  Lance Berkman
279.  Bengie Molina
333.  Lucas Duda
412.  Colby Rasmus

Another dull pack.  In fact, other than a bunch of Reds base cards, this entire blister pack was crap.  I didn't get a single insert or (more importantly to me), a single short print.  Simply terrible.  The only truly good news was that out of the 27 base cards, I needed 26 of them (only #402 David DeJesus was a duplicate for me).  Only one thing left to open - the three black parallel cards!


Black parallel cards:
C33.  Kurt Suzuki

C43.  Don Mattingly

C97.  Ryan Doumit

Meh, not much exciting.  The Suzuki and Doumit are both for trade if anyone is interested.  I won't be chasing the black parallel set - though it is a sharp looking set if you ask me!


All told, not the most exciting three packs - but for $8.99 it's a nice alternative (for almost the same price per card) as a blaster.  I do like the fact that the packs are sealed inside a blister pack, that should thwart pack searchers (though who wastes their time pack searching Heritage for relics anyhow)?

Comments

  1. The Mattingly card was suspiciously left out of that "up for trade" sentence. Might I have a shot at that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wouldn't be a Nachos Grande pack of cards if I didn't pull a Dodger that you needed Night Owl... It went in the mail to you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I'll have to get a N.G. thank you card package together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment