Featured Post

2011 Topps Heritage Target Blaster - Pack 6

Once again, it's time to crack open another pack out of the blaster.  At the rate I'm going, this thing should be finished off just before the All-Star break (or so it seems).

Pack 6:


28.  Vernon Wells

Did you know that Wells didn't make a single error in 2010 (in 359 chances no less)?  That's impressive, even if he is "only" an outfielder.


46.  Cole Hamels

I hate this card since it talks about the Phillies sweep of the Reds in the NLDS in 2010.  I can only hope that the Reds make it back to the playoffs this year and that they manage to actually win once they get there.


58.  NL Pitching Victory Leaders

Another great league leaders card - these are the best thing about the set (so far at least).  This particular iteration of Topps Heritage deserves incredible praise for the wonderful write-ups and amazing facts that I've learned on almost every single card in the set.  Well done Topps, well done.


82.  Kevin Kouzmanoff

Kevin is known as "The Crushin' Russian"?!  I've never heard that before - and it sounds a little weird.   It's even more strange when you consider Kouzmanoff's home is Newport Beach, California (or at least that's what his card says).  


262.  Ivan Rodriguez

I don't have anything to say about this card.  What more can you say about "Pudge" anyhow?


304.  Brett Myers

I think you can see the sun glistening off Myer's head in this photo.  It's certainly not the best picture in the set, though I guess it is true to the spirit of the set being emulated.


341.  Lorenzo Cain

I thought this guy might end up being pretty good, so I wasn't at all disappointed when the Brewers traded him to the Royals.  I was, however, not entirely pleased with the Brewers acquiring Greinke.  On the other hand, I don't think that Greinke is going to be as good as what most people seem to think - so maybe the trade will work out ok for the Reds after all.


401.  Dodgers Dandies

It's kind of a cool little card - and one that I'm sure the Dodger fans across the blogosphere will be anxious to acquire (if they haven't already).  The photo seems a bit too blurry for my tastes, but I do like the dirty uniforms and expression of joy on the two players' faces.


444.  Rafael Fucal

Alright, my third short print from the blaster.  If I go for the set, that would mean that I only need 72 more short prints...  If I'm lucky, I'll nab one more short print from the blaster...let's hope!  This pack turned out to be a pretty good one for a Dodger fan...too bad I like the Reds.

Comments