Featured Post

The Best of the Month: March

March brought its share of highs and lows.  Luckily, on both a personal and professional level, March brought way more good news versus bad news.  On the card front, March brought the release of Topps Heritage and Topps Opening Day.  I'm still working my way through the Heritage blaster and I didn't bother buying a single pack of Opening Day - so many of my card purchases were of the "not quite so current" type.

Here's March 2011 -  "Best of":

Best purchased card:

As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I didn't purchase much in the way of new product this month.  Instead, I've been saving my coin for Gypsy Queen and (more importantly), Allen & Ginter.  I did, however, buy a box of 2010 Topps National Chicle in which I pulled this National Chicle back pants card of Robinson Cano numbered 009/199.

As a Reds fan, it's not the most exciting card for me personally, but I have a feeling that someday I'll be able to turn it into something that I actually want - most likely it will be used as trade bait for some 2011 Ginter stuff.  We'll see.


Best blog post:


Since it's my blog, I get to post my opinion on what's best.  This month featured a few different posts, all "best" for different reasons.  First and foremost, I mentioned that I got into graduate school which means that next fall I'll be busy working on Ph.D. mathematics...and undoubtedly my blogging with suffer.  I won't give up the blog...but I'm sure my average post rate of (3.03 post per day in March) will decrease substantially.

On a personal level with the blog, I recently surpassed 100,000 visitors.  I made mention of that upcoming milestone, plus a few other interesting blog observations back on March 24.  There are also some almost-naked (ok, not really) Rachael Ray photos since that's a big driving force to my blog outside the sports world (still not sure why).  Clearly I need to feature some better celebrities (where better = more attractive)...

As I mentioned in the "best card" section above, I did bust a box of 2010 National Chicle throughout the month of March.  At first, I wondered Why National Chicle Didn't Get More Love which resulted in some nice discussions in the comments.  I also did a statistical analysis of my trade stacks - what worked and what didn't.  And, last but not least, I set up a Gypsy Queen Group Break that is (almost) full.  Check the link and see if you want to claim any of the remaining teams!

Previous "Best ofs":
January 2011
February 2011

Comments