Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Blog Reader Sends Me Diamonds

Each year, I seem to choose a set or two that proves highly elusive when it comes to actually completing the set. For example, past attempts have included the 2008 Upper Deck Timeline set (with it's 300 or so short prints), the '08 and '09 Goudey sets (with the 150 or so short prints), and Allen & Ginter mini set plus most mini insert sets.  For 2011, I told myself I wasn't going to do that - and then wouldn't you know it, I decided that I wanted to collect the entire diamond parallel set!

Unlike previous sets, I decided to try and offer some bribes so that people would help me complete the set sooner - and so far, so good.  I made a contest where I'll be giving away some complete sets (and other goodies) which has generated quite a bit of interest from different people.  One such person is blog reader Dennis from our great neighbor to the north, Canada.  Dennis sent me a pile of 10 diamond cards (some of which I needed for my set, the others are available for trade).  In return, Dennis netted himself ten entries in my contest (and he's now in the top five in terms of total entries).

Here are the cards that Dennis sent my way:

8.  Julio Borbon

30.  Gio Gonzalez
31.  Erick Aybar
55.  Matt Joyce

106.  Felix Pie
151.  Fausto Carmona

226.  Jose Guillen
281.  Kevin Slowey
289.  Yunieksy Betancourt

302.  Adrian Beltre

Thanks for the cards Dennis!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Thanks again for the contest Chris. Glad these guys were able to cross the border!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment