Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Ginter Auto & Other Goodies from Ryan!

I went a little overboard last year on the Allen & Ginter set - so much so that I decided I might as well go for broke and try and collect every relic in the set.  If that wasn't enough, I decided a few months later that I might as well go for as many of the autographs that I can acquire as well.

Thanks to blog reader Ryan (who doesn't have a blog - at least he doesn't if my records are correct), I now have one more Ginter auto for my collection!

2010 Topps Allen & Ginter:
AGA-CM.  Cameron Maybin


In addition to the autograph, Ryan also knocked a bunch of 2010 Topps National Chicle cards off my want list. Amongst the cards he sent, I especially the liked the following:

15.  Brad Hawpe

The mountains in the background make for a fairly epic painting.  If everyone card in the set was as nice as this one, Topps would have had a HUGE hit on their hands.


116.  Carlos Beltran

The Dominoes pizza / Inuaugural Season patch on Beltran's arm makes the card.  The fact hat he's somehow glowing while in a purple haze only makes the jokes so much easier.


136.  Julio Borbon

Is he a baseball player of a lumberjack?  Can you cut down a full forest using only a wooden bat?  Based on the painting, Borbon's about to find out.


221.  Dennis Eckersley

It's a bold move to try and mimic movement in a painting.  However, I think the artist (Jason Davies) did an admirable job - at least, he did an admirable job so long as his painting was supposed evoke memories of early 90s Upper Deck sets!


Thanks for all the great cards Ryan!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments