Featured Post

Delivery Time! Huge Trade with Blog Reader Steve (Part IV)

This is the fourth part of the trade that I completed with Steve.  You can read about Part III here (where you can also find links to Part I and Part II if you are so inclined).  Part III was posted on April 6 - and I'm only getting around to Part IV now because of the craziness that was Topps Heritage.

Let's see what else gets knocked off the want list thanks to Steve:

2006 Fleer Greats of the Game:
Boston Greats:
BOS-RP.  Rico Petrocelli

Reds Greats:
CIN-DC.  Dave Concepcion

Dodger Greats:
LAD-JR.  Jackie Robinson

LAD-SG.  Steve Garvey
Yankee Greats:
NYY-RJ.  Reggie Jackson

Cardinals Greats:
STL-TM.  Tim McCarver

Nickname Greats:
NG-TH.  Tom "The Terminator" Henke
NG-WC.  Will "The Thrill" Clark

NG-WM.  Willie "Stretch" McCovey
Decade Greats:
DEC-EM.  Eddie Mathews
DEC-PM.  Paul Molitor

I love the entire Fleer Greats set from 2006.  In fact, I love it so much that I've been trying to collect the entire base set (still missing #53 and #71) along with all the insert cards (still missing a bunch of those).  I keep looking through all the cards that Steve sent me from the set - and I can't figure out which one I like best (after the Concepcion of course).  That's a true indicator for me of a great set - if I like all the cards a lot, it's gotta be a good set!


1997 Upper Deck Collector's Choice:
Big Shots:

8.  Cal Ripken Jr.

10.  Frank Thomas

As my long time readers know, I'm a big fan of the late 90s Collector's Choice sets (and often feature a box of the cards in my group breaks)!  I'm still missing quite a few of the cards from the insert set (they were fairly tough pulls from the box if I recall correctly) but I am happy to be able to add two more to my binder.  The Ripken card in particular is quite nice - and an excellent example of a "Big Shot" in all uses of the phrase!


In addition to the above cards, Steve also sent me a boat load of Topps American Heritage, plus a couple of other assorted cards from my want list - but I think four posts is enough to highlight a single trade (even if it was massive)!  Thanks for the trade Steve - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments