Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Chris from Henchmeister's Junk Blog

Not at all that long ago (I'm finally beginning to get caught up on trade posts again), Chris - from Henchmeister's Junk Blog - and I completed a simple little trade.  He had opened up a box of retail Chicle (much like I did) but he walked away completely unimpressed with the set.  I, on the other hand, decided to collect the entire thing after thoroughly enjoying my box bust - and thus, a trade was born.

I sent Chris a bunch of 2011 Topps and some 2009 Goudey cards that he wanted - in exchange, I got to knock a bunch of 2010 Topps National Chicle cards off my want list - including (but not limited to) the following:

145.  Kurt Suzuki

 I happen to really like this card.  I think the umpire off to the side removing his mask is what makes the card special.  It really does look like Suzuki just jacked a home run and even the umpire wants to see how far the ball will travel.


265.  Neil Walker

This is good enough that it looks like a photo that went through some sort of Photoshop filters (rather than a drawing beginning with a blank canvas).  Heck, maybe it was constructed via Photoshop - the back of the card does say the artist (Chris Felix) has been a graphic designer (along with a toy prototype painter, what a cool job)!


290.  Walter Johnson

They aren't all winners though (like with all art, it's going to depend on the subject as much as it will depend on the viewer).  However, I'm guessing there aren't many out there that think that putting Walter Johnson in a Washington Nationals uniform is a good idea.  Also, notice the shoes and how they don't go with the rest of the "modern" uniform at all.  The whole thing is simply wrong.


316.  Drew Stubbs

Finally, we end with my favorite card of the bunch - a Frank Robinson wanna be card of Drew Stubbs.  It's a well done card, it does closely mimic Robinson's iconic rookie card!


Thanks for the trade Chris!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments