Featured Post

Topps Heritage Blaster #3: Pack 1

At this point, I've opened a pair of blasters plus a blister pack containing three packs.  Since I'm on my third blaster, I figure this is about the point where I'll be lucky if I get more cards I need per pack versus cards that I already have.  Here's hoping I have good luck!

Pack 1:
16.  John Jaso
Right off the bat, I pull a card that I already have in my binder.  That's not a good start for the blaster!  It is, however, good news for the rest of you because this card is available for trade.
85.  Ike Davis
165.  Adam Jones
238.  Ichiro

The Ichiro card intrigues me for a couple of reasons.  First, why does Ichiro get a card with his baseball hat on while guys like John Jaso and Ike Davis have to go hatless?  Second, why does Topps label every Ichiro card using only his first name?  What happened to his last name - did he drip Suzuki for good somehow?  Can you even do that?  
270.  Ronny Cedeno
Another card that I already have, so once again, this one goes up for trade.
289.  Darren Ford
318.  Mark Teixeira
347.  Nyjer Morgan

369.  Dan Haren
Checklist 1 of 6

Overall, not a terrible pack for my set - though not exceptional either.  Out of the nine cards in the pack, I needed seven of them (plus the checklist).  Obviously, I would have liked to have gotten a short print - or maybe an insert that I could then in turn trade for short prints...but otherwise, no real complaints for pack 1.  Let's hope the rest of the blaster maintains the seven out of nine ratio for cards that I need for my set!

Comments