Featured Post

Delivery Time! Crinkly Wrappers Hooks Me Up

The trades are starting to pour into the 'ol inbox (and eventually, the actual mailbox).  Today's trade packages is courtesy of Ted over at Crinkly Wrappers.  Ted's a big Blue Jays fan, so I sent him a black bordered Heritage Blue Jays plus a pile of assorted birds in exchange for a small pile of Heritage commons that I needed and a couple more 2011 Topps inserts that I needed.

Since, by now, you've all seen all the base Topps and base Heritage that you can handle, I'll just show off my five favorite cards from the trade:

2011 Topps:
Base:
100.  Albert Pujols

This card is a favorite of mine simply because it proved to be the most elusive base card!  I never pulled a single Pujols base card out of any of the packs or blasters that I opened, and it seemed for the longest time no one would trade me one.  Then, in the span of two days, I received two of this card.  Card collecting can be funny like that some times!

60 Years of Topps:
60YOT-41.  Frank Thomas

According to the back of the card, "Topps ushered in a new era in 1992, dispensing with the gum that had accompanied wax packs for decades but printing on higher-grade stock."  Uh, Topps - I think Upper Deck ushered in the new era back in 1989 - you guys were simply late to the party.

2011 Topps Heritage:
Base:
74.  Hanley Ramirez

I used my first fantasy pick on Hanley for one of my teams this year, so far that hasn't been an overly wise move.  This is an attempt to gain a little good karma for Hanley (except when he plays my Reds of course).

228.  Marlon Byrd

Those are some sweet shades Byrd's rockin'.  I think the sunglasses are a little out of place in the Heritage set, but hey, what do I know?

263.  Rangers Danger

Rhyming horizontal cards?  Yes please.  Two guys looking in different directions, both with what appears to be a mouth full of chew?  Well, you can't win 'em all.

Thanks for the trade Ted!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments