Featured Post

Gypsy Queen Break: Box 1 - Pack 3

First off, a big thanks to Samuel (aka The Dimwit) for picking up the last four remaining teams.  Through two packs, his pick-up seems like a good idea since he's already nabbed a nice Nolan Ryan insert and a mini card from the Jays.  Will the run of good cards for the "four cast-off teams" continue or is there a reason why no one wanted to buy any of those teams orginally?

Box 1:  Pack 3

21.  David Wright - Mets
42.  Jose Reyes - Mets

And with that, the Mets are on the board!  The first two packs featured zero Mets - but a David Wright and a Jose Reyes should make up for that thanks to the third pack.
98.  Aroldis Chapman - Reds

Now that the Dimwit claimed the remaining four teams, this Chapman card marks the first card from the break that I get to keep.  And yes, since I'm running the break chances are you'll see a scan of just about every Red I pull (hopefully I pull more than one)!  I am rather anal when it comes which teams I scan though, so much so that I keep a list of which teams have a scan already and which don't.  My personal goal is to showcase a few cards from every team - even if it's a team I don't care much for (like the Mets above)!
123.  Ted Lilly - Dodgers
130.  Will Venable - Padres
179.  Neil Walker - Pirates
211.  Rollie Fingers - Athletics

Another nice card of an older player.  I didn't look very carefully at the initial set checklist - so all these retired stars in the base set are a pleasant surprise for me!
230.  Ian Desmond - Nationals
Sepia Tone Mini (Serially numbered):
25.  Mel Ott - New York Giants (#ed 65/99)

The Sepia Tone minis (which is what I believe this is) are seeded 1:44 packs which makes this card fairly rare!  Even better, it's a mini of a legend - and a good one at that.  Since Ott played for the New York Giants, this card will be going into the San Francisco Giants pile (so the Sports Jerks initial pack of bad luck is completely over with)!  
Great Ones
G030:  Nolan Ryan - Rangers

Why not, I already pulled a Nolan Ryan card for the Astros - here's one for the Rangers.  Is this a Nolan Ryan hot box?  Through three packs, that answer appears to be yes!

Comments