Featured Post

Gypsy Queen Break: Box 1 - Pack 4 and Partial Summary

Through the first three packs, we already found one numbered mini card (out of 99).  We have not, however, found a single short print yet.  Since the short prints are seeded 1:4 packs, we might expect to get one in this pack...will we?  Let's find out:

Box 1 - Pack 4:
5.  Tris Speaker - Red Sox

11.  Zack Greinke - Brewers
66.  Sandy Koufax - Dodgers
171.  Manny Ramirez - Rays

221.  Martin Prado - Braves
244.  Scott Kazmir - Angels
281.  Juan Pierre - White Sox
Regular mini:
278.  Denard Span - Twins
This is a pretty cool action shot - and it's even better on a mini card!
Framed Paper - Bronze:
75.  Albert Pujols - Cardinals (#ed 889/999)

The framed paper bronze parallel cards are seeded 1:4 packs.  Of all the cards in the set, this is probably in the top five in terms of "best card" to get!  I am positive that Ike's Cards will be happy with this particular pull!
Home Run Heroes:
HH12.  Adrian Beltre - Dodgers

Counting the Sandy Koufax above, I've now pulled three different Dodgers in four packs.  I have an uncanny ability of pulling Dodgers (as many of my Dodger fan blogging trade partners can attest to).  At least this time each Dodger I pull gets to go to a loving home immediately rather than sitting on my "trade bait" shelf for weeks at a time until I get around to posting the cards.  I say all of that because the Dodgers (and plenty of other teams) are still available in my next group break (of five different boxes)...


And for fun, let's take a quick look at the break so far:
Team with most cards:  White Sox with 4 cards (3 base, 1 mini)
Team with fewest cards:  Cubs, Rockies, Indians, Phillies, and Royals are all getting shut out through the first four packs.
Hits found:  Zero so far
Serially-numbered cards found:  Two - one mini /99 and one Bronze border /999.

Comments

  1. dying to know the hits out of this box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:44 PM

    I'm in the lead!!!!! Now, please pull an Ichiro stamp card...

    By the way - legitimate question to ask in advance now. George Sisler has a few cards - do the St. Louis Browns go to the Baltimore Orioles (same franchise)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derek: Currently, I have 14 of the packs ripped and ready to go live on my blog. Look for a bunch of updates throughout the day tomorrow for the first box (including at least one hit).

    lifetimetopps: The White Sox took an early lead - I won't spoil any surprises other than to say you'll see another "leader update" after twelve packs are ripped (all of which will happen by this time tomorrow night thanks to the magic of schedule posts)!

    As for the Sisler, yes, he should go to the Orioles. However, if I happen to overlook that should I pull one, someone correct me in the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind getting shut out here as long as we keep winning on the field !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment