Featured Post

Gypsy Queen Break: Box 2 - Pack 12 (Is my Hit Placement Theory Correct?)

Alright, it's time for the deciding pack:  Pack 12.

Remember, I had a theory that one hit always resides in the bottom pack of the right-hand column.  This theory was made based on a sample size of one - so here's the first chance to debunk my theory.  What happened?  Let's find out:

Box 2 - Pack 12:


21.  David Wright - Mets
54.  Frank Thomas - White Sox
98.  Aroldis Chapman - Reds
123.  Ted Lilly - Dodgers
130.  Will Venable - Padres
194.  Lorenzo Cain - Royals
221.  Martin Prado - Braves
244.  Scott Kazmir - Angels
Regular mini:
109.  Chris Volstad - Marlins

Home Run Heroes:
HH20.  Johnny Bench - Reds

Alright, another Reds card for me - and it's one that I didn't have yet!  This card alone make me like the pack...but the next card is what really makes this pack pretty special!
Relic:
FMRC-SM.  Stan Musial - Cardinals

Yes, that's right - we pulled a Cardinals relic of Stan "the Man" Musial!  This card is easily the best card of the group break so far*.    The Cardinals have done quite amazing in this break - a pair of really nice bronze border serially numbered cards and now this AWESOME relic card.  
*Please note Ike's Cards (since you claimed the Cardinals), the bottom of the dark border of the relic is bent upwards a bit - it came out of the pack that way.  I didn't want you to think it somehow got damaged in transit (which should never happen since all hits go into top loaders as soon as I scan 'em)!   You can sort of see the damage in the scan.  Even with that, it's still a sweet card - it just sucks that it came out damaged.
Checklist 2 of 4

Comments

  1. I've pulled that card to and its a damn beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say I'm happy you made it through the whole side today. I hope we get more tonight or at least another whole side of the box tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, I love the framed relics and Stan the Man has got to be one of the better hits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Do you think its worth seeing if Topps has a replacement card? Stan is going to look great next to the Gehrig relic we pulled out of a rack pack yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment