Featured Post

Delivery Time! Greg and I Ought to Buy Yellow Mailing Envelope Stock.

As the title suggests, it's time for another trade post featuring a package from Greg over at Night Owl Cards.  Between the two of us, we are probably getting close to 50 envelopes mailed back and forth - definitely enough that we should have bought some stock in whatever companies manufacture those padded yellow envelopes that card collectors know and love!

Anyhow, you aren't here to read about my 20-20 hindsight stock tips (pro tip:  buy Google stock when it first came out, Apple too).  If you ever invent a time machine and follow my tips I expect some sort of royalty payments or something.

Enough of that, I'm clearly delusional.  Let's look at pieces of cardboard instead.

2011 Topps Attax:


No one else seems to like the Topps Attax set, but I kind of do.  I guess the game lover in me sees baseball cards that you can play with and gets pretty excited.  Too bad my wife hates baseball - and baseball games...I don't think I'll ever have anyone to play with.

Of the four Attax cards that Greg sent my way, I think the Miller Park card is my favorite.  Next week I am driving out with some family members to visit Miller Park (it will be my first time at that stadium) - it sure looks like an interesting park!

2011 Topps Gypsy Queen:


A pair of the retail only paper framed cards.  I believe these were only available in two (or was it three?) pack blister packages.  Of course, I wouldn't know since my local Wal*Mart never had a single pack of Gypsy Queen (and the Target where I got my GQ blasters only had a small number of blasters and never any other packs either).  Obviously, the Larkin is my favorite (and you'll be seeing that someday in my Larkin Collection series), but the Chapman is quite wonderful as well!  I love the framed cards!

Greg also sent me a Yonder Alonso insert card for Gypsy Queen - and a fairly nice one at that.  I wasn't a huge fan of all the inserts in the set, but I'll gladly trade for any Reds that I can get!

And last but not least, a couple of 2011 Topps Opening Day Reds.  As I've mentioned many times, I don't bother with purchasing Opening Day so getting the Reds from the set via trade throw-ins is always a good thing for me!

Thanks for the trade Greg!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I really need to recycle mailing envelopes more than I do. But if I ever buy stock in them, then I won't recommend that you do that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment