Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Autograph Week: My Personal Collection - Part 2

Yesterday, I looked at part 1 of my Reds autograph collection.  Today, it's time to take a look at part 2 - a sampling of my on card autographs.

Brandon Claussen

From the 2004 Topps Total set, an on card autograph of Brandon Claussen.  Unlike most people, I'm not a huge fan of Topps Total, I find the set to be boring...and unsurprisingly to me at least, this autograph design is also boring.  The faded empty stadium seats adds too much "emptiness" to the card.

Juan Francisco

Here's an autograph card that I like a lot!  I am a fan of the National Chicle set (it's one that I'm still trying to finish) so having a Reds autograph from the set is a nice bonus for me.  This card is also a good example of fading done right - the autograph is easy to see but the card itself doesn't appear washed out.

Phil Dumatriat

Having hand numbered autographs is always fun, having the first of the hand numbered cards?  That's serious MOJO (at least if you refer to eBay).  Based entirely on card design, the Topps '52 autograph might be the nicest auto I own!

Sean Casey

Casey is one of my favorite Reds of the last two decades, so having his autograph is makes me happy.  The card design screams Upper Deck (for all the good and bad that that implies).

And finally, what's probably the best Reds autograph that I own:

Aaron Harang

Harang was a great Reds pitcher on really terrible Reds teams for most of the past decade.  Having a Sweet Spot Signature of his (numbered 368/425) is a great addition for my collection.  The only problem with this card?  How to store it...it's thicker than most packs of baseball cards...

Comments

  1. Love the "52 as well. The Sweet Spots fit pretty well in one of those hinged plastic cases. I think they're the ones that hold 15 regular cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all these On-card Autos. I love like the Chicle autos. Nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment