Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! More Night Owl Goodies.

Greg (from the always wonderful Night Owl Cards) and I recently completed our second trade in the last couple of weeks...each time I ended up with some cards from my want list and Greg ended up with another pile of 1975 minis from the 2011 Topps Lineage set.

Here's my most recent haul from Greg:

2010 Topps National Chicle:
304.  Ryan Howard
307.  Brent Dlugach

If I didn't know better, I would have said that the Dlugach card was one of Topps' infamous gimmicks.   However, under the assumption that there actually exists a player named Brent Dlugach, I feel bad for the guy...the back of his card mentions Cal Ripken Jr, Derek Jeter, A-rod, and Troy Tulowitzki...there's not much of a chance that Dlugach lives up to any of the above guys, and that's too bad.

1991 Score:
634.  Tony Fossas

What's that you say?  I traded away Lineage minis (which seem to be almost equivalent to gold these days) in exchange for a 1991 Score card?!  Answer:  You betcha*.

*apologies to Sarah for stealing her phrase...or at least her only phrase that makes sense.  I'd like to say that I see Russia from my house, but alas, I don't.

2008 Topps Stadium Club:
110b.  David Purcey
127b.  Blake DeWitt

Of all the cards in this particular trade package, these were by far the best two.  You see, I now only need four more cards from the 2008 Topps Stadium Club set (namely: 15, 78, 108b, 117b ).  My hopes have been renewed that I might actually be able to finish this set off sometime soon...

2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces:

Greg really mined his collection looking for cards to send me - a few 2010s, a couple 2008s, a 1991 card, and now another '08...and soon a 2011 card.  Trades like that are fun for me - lots of cards off the want list, and a bunch of sets that I feel like I'm "making progress" on.  And, after this Jeter is put into the binder, I don't have to look at the pair of Yankees celebrating again...or at least not in any way except as part of a binder page (in which the other cards will hopefully overshadow Mr. Jeter.

And finally, one more card - this one happened to be the only representative from 2011:

Gypsy Queen:
97.  Stan Musial

I have no idea if I'll ever finish the Gypsy Queen set, but until I think it's impossible, I'll keep it on my want list.  At least I'm over 50% complete, that's something...

 Thanks for the trade Greg!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Always thrilled to knock off some numbers off a collector's want list. I've kind of given up my dream on completing Stadium Club (and my never-spoken dream of completing Chicle), so I hope you get there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment