Featured Post

Tier One Group Break: Allen & Ginter - Packs 13 - 16

We are flying through the Allen & Ginter box - in fact, the last batch of Ginter packs took us to the halfway mark of the box.  Unfortunately, we still haven't found any of the promised hits - though we did land a rather rare no numbered mini card (and of a good player no less)!  Check back in the archives in case you missed that.  Now, it's on to packs 13 - 16.

Pack 13:
A Matt Kemp Hometown Heroes card (Dodgers) and a Lars Anderson ad back mini (Red Sox) were the two highlights.

Pack 14:
This Ryan Zimmerman short print was the only non-base card of note.

 Pack 15:
Our first hit!  However, this one is going to me as it's one of the rarer non-baseball player relics and I didn't previously own it!  It's a sweet, sweet jersey card of Heather Mitts and is easily one of my favorite cards that I've pulled this year!  At this point, the Ginter prize box is a complete success for me!   For the record, if, somehow, the other two hits in the box are also ones that I need I'll try to add in a few hits for teams that didn't get any out of my own collection.  To be honest, I didn't expect that I'd get a single hit that I needed so I'm obviously pleased already (and there should be two hits remaining in the box).  Oh yeah, other cards of note in the pack were a Justin Upton (Diamondbacks) Hometown Heroes card and an Austin Jackson regular back mini (Tigers).

Pack 16:
A Jason Castro (Astros) short print and a David Wright (Mets) Hometown Heroes card are the highlights here.  I'm still too pumped at pulling the Mitts relic to really care what was in this pack!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the hit! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the Mitts relic....especially since she's a Cincinnati girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice relic indeed! I'm still searching for the relic of Jo Frost (Super Nanny) and Shawn Michaels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment