Saturday, December 17, 2011

Trade Stack 32: Some Statistics (Plus another new card to the stack).

Here is how this works:
Every so often (i.e. whenever I feel like it), I will add a card to a "Trade Stack".  Whenever the stack becomes appealing enough to someone, that person needs to comment on the post saying they'd like to claim the stack AND tell me which card they are sending off of my want list.  That's all you have to do - trade me ONE card (or more, of course) card from my want list for the entire stack of cards that I'm offering.  Each time, it will be first come, first serve...so act quickly (unless of course you are a gambler and hope to wait it out until there are 10+ cards in the stack that you want in exchange for a single 2004 UD Vintage card that I am looking for)!

The Trade Stack:
Last update:  12/17/11

Every so often, I like to update my document that keeps track of the some of the Trade Stack statistics.  As a math guy, I can't help but to keep track of things like this.  Basically, I tally up the number of base cards from each team, the number of inserts/parallels from each team, and then the number of times a certain team is the final card - that is, that's the card that caused someone to claim the stack.  I don't think the exercise has any particular value (other than perhaps keeping me in line with which teams I feature in the various trade stacks), but it's still kind of fun in a simple minded way.  I figured that since I keep track of this stuff, some of you might find it interesting as well...

Trade Stack Statistics (Stacks 1 - 30)
Team
Base Cards
Inserts
Final Card
Braves
3
1
3
Nationals
1
1
2
Marlins
2


Mets
3
1
1
Phillies
1
2
1
Reds
9
1
1
Cardinals
2
3
2
Cubs
4

1
Astros
3

1
Pirates
5


Brewers
2


Dodgers
4

1
Diamondbacks
2


Rockies
3

1
Giants
4
2

Padres
3
1
1
Yankees
5
4
3
Red Sox
8
2
1
Orioles
3

1
Rays
1


Blue Jays
3

1
White Sox
1


Indians
2

1
Tigers
2
2
1
Royals
4
1
2
Twins
2
2
1
Athletics
3
1
1
Mariners
3


Rangers
5
4
2
Angels
3


Notice that I update after every ten stacks or so - the last stack (with 10 cards) isn't included so these numbers are already a bit outdated!  And now that that's out of the way, let's add another card to the stack tonight!   

For today's addition, I went to my small stash of Tampa Bay Rays cards and selected one since the Rays have only had one card in the first 30 trade stacks.  I know there aren't a lot of Rays fans (or collectors) out there - but maybe this will entice someone (and in the process, encourage me to continue to add Rays to future stacks)! 

PS:  The stack also happens to have one of the newest Reds-turned-Padres in it - Mr. Edison Volquez.  All you San Diego collectors might want to jump in and grab a card of your newest pitcher who will find ways to give up home runs to the first batter he faces each game.  Good luck with that. 

2005 Upper Deck All-Star Classics:
53.  Aubrey Huff - Rays  

2001 Topps Stadium Club:
146.  Carlos Beltran - Royals
  

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Base: 
46.  Edison Volquez - Reds
82.  Scott Rolen - Reds
114.  Brandon Phillips - Reds


2011 Topps:
 Topps Town (Series 1):
TT-5.  Roy Halladay - Phillies

2011 Topps:
Topps Town (Series 1):
TT-7.  Joe Mauer - Twins  

Want the card(s) in the stack?  Act fast - tell me which card you will send me off my want list in the comments below!  If no one claims this card within a reasonable amount of time (a few hours up to a few days, depending) - I'll add another card to the stack and the process will start again!


Previously Claimed Trade Stacks:
Stack 01:  2 cards by dayf
Stack 02:  8 cards by Justin
Stack 03:  17 cards by Cam
Stack 04:  4 cards by Cam
Stack 05:  9 cards by Daily Dimwit
Stack 06:  4 cards by The Lost Collector
Stack 07:  1 card by Baseball Dad
Stack 08:  1 card by M. Spiegel
Stack 09:  6 cards by bwsmith25
Stack 10:  6 cards by Baseball Dad
Stack 11:  1 card by Patrick
Stack 12:  5 cards by Matt B.
Stack 13:  4 cards by Steve G.
Stack 14:  3 cards by ShaneK
Stack 15:  7 cards by Ryan G
Stack 16:  1 card by longlivethewho
Stack 17:  4 cards by hiflew
Stack 18:  4 cards by Potch
Stack 19:  2 cards by Axemanohio
Stack 20:  5 cards by by Play at the Plate
Stack 21:  5 cards by BA Benny
Stack 22:  1 card by IkesCards
Stack 23:  8 cards by Axemanohio
Stack 24:  1 card by BA Benny
Stack 25:  2 cards by Jeff P.
Stack 26:  10 cards by Axemanohio
Stack 27:  1 card by BA Benny
Stack 28:  7 cards by ThingsAreFunnerHere
Stack 29:  3 cards by TheBrooklynMet
Stack 30:  4 cards by Adam C.
Stack 31:  10 cards by Play at the Plate
Stack 32:  ?? by ?? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment