Featured Post

44 dollars and 75 cents later... (Plus a question)

That's right, $44.75 later I have all the group break packages mailed out.  I think I severely underestimated the sheer quantity (and thus weight) of all the cards in the break this time around!  Oh well, nothing that I can do about that now.  Anyhow, if you were in the past break just know that your cards went into the mail this morning (and so for some of you, you might get 'em in your mailbox tomorrow depending on how quick the post office is)!

On a completely different note, does anyone use the site goodreads to keep track of their books they have read?  My wife convinced me to use the site but I'm finding it kind of boring without having other people with which to compare books (and in my case, get reading ideas from)!  I know there are a lot of you out there that read - heck, you are reading a blog right now so I know you aren't a bunch of no good illiterates (you might be no good, but at least you can read)!

Comments

  1. I can't say that I read enough books to bother with going to any kind of site to keep track of what I have read. The last book that I finished reading not too long ago was The Confession by John Grisham. Loved that book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book talk seems to be a trend in our little card community. I'm planning to post at least monthly on what I've been reading. I'm not familiar with the site you're referring to. There's another called Shelfari that you might check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a reader, except for history books. I have never really had much fun reading fiction or "enjoyable" books.

    BTW, I think you are severely discounting the illiterates that like to look at pictures. A baseball card blog might be right up their alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to use goodreads, but I've been reading a lot less lately so I recently deactivated my account. Lol bad timing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never used anything like that to pick out a book. I have went to fantasticfiction.com and looked at an author I liked then went with the suggested books it gave.

    I pretty much stick with action/adventure.

    Cussler
    McDermmott
    Patterson
    Rollins
    Child
    J Richardson
    Golemon
    S Berry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sorta use goodreads. I signed up and added a bunch of books a few years ago and promptly forgot about it when I stopped reading for an extended time. I was able to log in today, added a few things and sent you an invite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If my part of the shipping cost turned out to be a bit more than estimatd let me know and I will shoot you some extra ! Thanks again for the break.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment