Featured Post

Group Break: 2000 Fleer Tradition - Packs 15, 16, and 17

It's time to open up another trio of Fleer Tradition packs.  I think I've mentioned this already, but hey, here goes again:  If anyone doesn't want their Fleer Tradition cards (either for their main team or their secondary team), I'd love to keep them (or if you don't your duplicates at least).  The Fleer Tradition set is a set that I've convinced myself that I'd like to build in the near future - even though it will probably require me to purchase a full box for myself.  Enough about me though, let's get back to rippin' packs!

Pack 15:
Javy Lopez - Braves
Wally Joyner - Braves
Jason LaRue / Travis Dawkins - Reds
Oakland Athletics Team
Terry Adams - Dodgers
Cincinnati Reds Team
Chicago Cubs Team
Phil Nevin - Padres
Chris Singleton - White Sox
Eric Gagne / Jeff Williams - Dodgers
14 of 15 D.  Dividends:  Ken Griffey Jr. - Mariners

The Reds and Dodgers both made a play for the pack title but the gorgeous Griffey Jr. insert card sealed the deal for the Mariners.  The only thing that would make the Griffey card better would be if he were smiling rather than looking like someone just told him that they popped his balloon at his birthday party.

Pack 16:
Ivan Rodriguez - Rangers
Jose Cruz Jr. - Blue Jays
Kevin Young - Pirates
Scott Williamson - Reds
8 of 10 TF.  Ten 4:  Chipper Jones - Braves

D. Jeter (Yankees), N. Garciaparra (Red Sox), B. Williams (Yankees)
Jason Kendall - Pirates
Adrian Beltre - Dodgers
Albert Belle - Orioles
Carlos Lee - White Sox
Phil Nevin - Padres

The Chipper Jones Ten 4 insert card is die-cut, and kind of cool.  The Ten 4 cards are seeded 1:18 packs so that makes it that much better...good enough I'd say for the Braves to win this pack.  That's the Braves third pack win thus far, they trail only the Reds, Astros, Yankees, and Mariners in that category.

Pack 17:
Andy Ashby - Phillies
Cleveland Indians Team
Hideki Irabu - Nationals
Jamie Moyer - Mariners
8 of 15 D.  Dividends:  Sammy Sosa - Cubs

Nomar Garciaparra - Red Sox
Gary Sheffield - Dodgers
Kris Benson - Pirates
Chipper Jones - Braves
Brady Anderson - Orioles

I suppose since I gave the pack 15 win to the Mariners for their nice Dividends insert card, I ought to award the Cubs this pack.  For some reason, it's hard for me to pick Sosa over Chipper Jones (or even Nomar) but I suppose I will.  

Comments