Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated: Packs 2 and 3

Earlier today, I talked about how I acquired the box of 1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated so make sure you check that post out first.  Of course, I could summarize thusly:  "I love my wife."

Here are the next pair of packs from the box:

Pack 2: 
5.  Jason Dickson - Fresh Faces
26.  Todd Walker - Fresh Faces
Creepy - or Epic?

119.  Tony Gwynn
164.  Jim Edmonds
172.  Ken Griffey Jr. - Covers

And the mini poster:
Deion Sanders

Although I was happy to pull the Deion Sanders poster, I was hoping that there would be a Barry Larkin poster in the set instead.  Given that there are only 25 different "Great Shots" which is what the mini posters are called, I doubt two Reds made the cut (especially given the fact that the set was made in 1997).  However, it's only pack two so I guess we might find out if I'm wrong!  

Pack 3:
18.  Kevin Orie - Fresh Faces
67.  Manny Ramirez - S.I.ber Vision
A classic 1990s era card if I ever saw one!

79.  Kevin Brown
Before sparkles were a gimmick...

112.  Mike Piazza

Mini Poster:
Frank Thomas
Golf or baseball, that is the question!

And the sixth card in the pack?  The checklist.
1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated Complete Checklist

It's lame that the checklist is made out of paper (like the mini folder) and yet it counts as a card in the set.  On the other hand, I now know for sure that there is NOT a Barry Larkin mini poster...

Comments

  1. Andy Ashby is one of the mini-posters? You could have given me 1,000 guesses and I never would have picked him. It's also odd that the Rockies poster is the only one with two players.

    Still an interesting set though. I hadn't seen this before, but I like the 1998 set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment