Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Group Break: 2003 UD Patch: Box topper plus 2 more packs!

Given that the Super Bowl is almost here, I figured I'd try to sneak in one more group break post (and one that features a pair of hits no less)!  The 2003 UD Patch Collection box promised one All-Star patch per box, but as you can see from the box topper pack wrapper, we ended up with two!

Before I reveal the patches, let's first take a moment to thank our sponsor once again - Baseball Card Exchange.  Without them, there would be no way that I could offer affordable breaks full of some many interesting sets.

The two all-star cards will be going to the team that is featured in the logo - so congrats Cleveland and San Diego!


In addition to the box topper, let's crack open two more packs just to keep the group break moving along...

Pack 8:
13.  Rodrigo Lopez - Orioles
45.  Craig Biggio - Astros

72.  Drew Henson - Yankees
96.  J.T. Snow - Giants
100.  Ichiro - Mariners

 Although I scanned the Biggio card, I'm giving the pack win to the Mariners since it was a toss-up between Houston and Seattle for the victory.  Long live Ichiro?!

Pack 9:
24.  Sammy Sosa - Cubs
33.  C.C. Sabathia - Indians

46.  Jeff Bagwell - Astros
108.  Carl Crawford - Rays
116.  Vernon Wells - Blue Jays

You could make a case for almost any of the five featured teams to win the pack, but I guess the glow of the Indians All-Star patch at the top of the post persuaded me to give this pack victory to Cleveland.  What can I say, jumbo patches will do that.

Comments

Post a Comment