Featured Post

More eBay stuff. Not my Finest Moment...

This past week was supposed to be a (mostly) calm and relaxing week as far as work weeks go.  My two classes this semester were each to wind up their respective chapters and begin their preparation for the exams.  My schedule for what I am to teach next fall was supposed to be ironed out.  And in what is probably of most interest to my readers, the group break was supposed to finish up and packages were to be mailed.

As you can guess by the tone of the previous paragraph, pretty much nothing worked out as expected.  My classes ended up going in two directions - one class finished well ahead of schedule while the other fell behind.  My teaching schedule was changed, changed again, argued over by various people, and then changed once more all in the span of four days.  And, of course, the group break still isn't quite finished.

However, all is not lost.  I don't work on Friday so I WILL finish the group break.  I WILL begin packaging up cards.  And, if all goes well, by Saturday I WILL mail off all the group break packages.

Until then, here's another eBay purchase that finally showed up at my door.  Apparently this one was delayed for some reason as it crossed the Canadian/American border en route to me.  The purchase was a lot of 2011 Ginter cards - mostly base cards, a few code cards (is the code solved yet?), a few Minds That Made the Future insert cards, and a bunch of Floating Fortresses...
Does anyone need (or want) any of these cards?

...and the only reason I bought the lot:

A relic card of Maxim Shmyrev - Ping Pong Champion!

With this relic, I think I'm getting closer to 60 (or maybe more) different relics from the set - another goal of mine is to type up the full list and post it to the blog soon so that I can hopefully initiate some trades.  

Sorry for the hasty post - hopefully the craziness of the week is a thing of the past and I am able to get organized (and caught up) on all aspects of life, not just blogging!

Comments

  1. I can give a home to any Cubs and Blue Jays you don't want, as well as the 'Floating Fortresses' and "Minds That Made...' cards.

    LMK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been quite a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested in any Cardinals. I only have one 2006 and two 2008 Allen & Ginter's in my collection right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a bunch of 2011 Ginter still


    6 MIckey Ward
    43 Jake Lamotta
    149 Lars Anderson RC
    262 Manny Paquiao
    299 Ana Julaton

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking for card #332 out of '11 A&G if you have that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment