Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Delivery Time! Cards from Jeroen Across the Ocean!

I first "met" Jeroen through my group breaks when he decided to jump in and claim the Rangers and Marlins back in December.  Since then, he has joined a few other of my breaks - and started a brand new blog (The Dutch Card Guy).  Now that my blog is one of the older blogs in the blogosphere (at least as far as baseball card blogs go), I'm always happy to shine the light on newer (and probably better) blogs than mine!

However, this isn't just a post to send a little traffic Jeroen's way - he also sent me a few cards out of the blue including a bunch of Topps Hobby Shop redemption cards...

and a few assorted Reds.  Amongst the Reds, here were my favorites:

I had never seen one of these Upper Deck "Beat the Odds" subset cards...but they are almost mean in a way...  The point of the card is to highlight Gant and his recovery from his leg injury.  Even though the card celebrates Gant's return to form (with 29 home runs and 88 RBIs), I think a subset of cards dedicated to injured players is still a bit out of line.

Moving from out of line to completely in line:

A 2009 Topps Gold card of the Reds' Bronson Arroyo (#0866/2009).  I liked the gold parallels back when they had gold serial number stamping (like this one does) so this is a great addition to my collection.

And finally, the third card that I liked quite a bit:

A serially numbered card of the Harangatan:  Aaron Harang.  Harang had a bunch of good years with the Reds until finally imploding right about the time the Reds became a decent team.  I'm happy to see Harang had a bit of a bounce back year last year and I continue to wish the best for the guy (except when/if he faces my Reds of course)!

Thanks for the surprise cards Jeroen - I appreciate them all!  And, as always, if anyone else wants to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Happy to hear you like'em and hope you have a hobby shop nearby ! Looking forward to the rest of the break !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment