Featured Post

Delivery Time: Gypsy Queens from Blog Reader Malcolm

I recently sent off some of my extra 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter cards to blog reader Malcolm in exchange for a handful of 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen cards that I needed.

Malcolm knocked another five cards off my base want list - including a pair of pesky short prints.

I still need a bunch of the short printed cards from the set - plus a few more of the regular 'ol commons but I'm slowly making progress.

I think the Babe Ruth card is my favorite out of the five base cards - and I like that he's featured as a Red Sox rather than a Yankee...plus the guy in the background is appropriately goofy looking (much like the Red Sox were goofy in trading away Ruth)!

Malcolm also hooked me up with three of the insert cards that I needed:

First, a really nice Frank Robinson Home Run Heroes card (even it shows Frank as a member of the "wrong" team)!

And finally, a pair of The Great Ones (Wagner and Ruth).

You can't argue against the inclusion of either of these players in a set called Great Ones.  The Ruth card isn't as cool though since he's a Yankee here.  Boo!

Thanks for the trade Malcolm - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments