Featured Post

Delivery Time! Not Every Trade Has to be a Blockbuster!

Over the past few years (I began my blog in 2008!), I have completed hundreds of trades.  In fact, last year alone I mailed out 166 trade packages (this does not include group break packages) and the year before that I sent 122 packages out.  That said, it's safe to say that I've completed at least a few of all types of trades.  I've done the 800 ct. box for an 800 ct. box.  I've traded quantity for quality (and vice-versa) and I've traded 10-30 cards for 10-30 cards.

While all those types of trades are great, and they certainly help me whittle my want list down quickly, the vast majority of my trades have been more along the lines of my most recent trade with Adam from Thoughts and Sox.

You see, I traded Adam a couple of 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter cards that he needed in exchange for a couple of Reds cards that I didn't previously own.  In my book, that's a win-win just as much as swapping 800 ct. boxes is!

A Bowman Chrome from 2010 of Reds star Joey Votto:

I've never tried to hide my disdain for Bowman.  In fact, there's not much about the brand that I like...other than last year's Bowman Platinum set which I'm trying to complete!   That said, I still want all the Reds from the various sets (including Bowman) so the Votto is much appreciated.

Next, Adam sent me my first ever Topps Pro Debut card.

I guess the Pro Debut set was the result of a love child between the Topps base set and Bowman.  You get the same set design as Series 1 and 2 but all the unknown players of Bowman.  Grandal is described on the back of the card as a "sturdy catcher."  I guess that's good news if he ever has to play baseball in a windstorm.

And finally, the real prize of the trade for me:

That's Jay Bruce celebrating his post season clinching home run for the Reds in 2010 (a walk-off I should add).  The card is one of the Target throwback variations - and one that I needed!  Even though the Reds laid an egg once they got to the playoffs, it was nice to see my team do something decent for once in getting to the big dance.

Thanks for the cards Adam - and if anyone else would like to trade, check out the 'ol want list and make an offer!

Comments