Featured Post

Group Break Preview: 2003 Donruss Studio - Pack 1

I keep hoping that if I show enough previews that at least a couple more people will jump in on the group break.  As of the time I wrote this post (which was last night), there were 12 spots remaining...  Maybe the contents of this pack - the first one out of the 2003 Donruss Studio box - will convince you to join.

I had never seen these cards before, and I must admit, based on the first pack I'm a fan.  Of course, anytime a box starts off with a Barry Larkin card it's hard for me to not love it!  Here are the contents of the first pack - and remember, all these cards are part of the trade (and if you missed it, I previewed the Topps Dimension III set, the 12 boxes of Topps SportsClix figurines, and the Fleer Circa set already).

2003 Donruss Studio:
Pack 1:
42. Michael Tucker - Royals

Tim already claimed the Royals - and this is easily worth the price of admission alone.  If blogging were more popular back in 2003 I'm guessing this card would have been a nominee for Card of the Year for sure.
45.  Corey Koskie - Twins

The Twins are still available if you want to claim them.  The Twins also landed a SportsFlix figurine in case you missed that preview as well - not a bad start for an unclaimed team! 
71.  Bret Boone - Mariners

I'm a bit surprised no one jumped in on the Mariners yet.  The mid-90s were a pretty good time for Seattle with both Griffey Jr. and A-rod playing for Seattle (not to mention Jay Buhner and Randy Johnson as well).
113.  Sammy Sosa - Cubs

Another unclaimed team!  The Cubs used to be one of the first teams in a break to be claimed but they seem to have fallen on tough times lately.  I guess a lack of winning (and a seemingly dismal outlook for 2012 as well) pushes away a lot of would-be Cubbie collectors.
116.  Barry Larkin - Reds

Oh yeah!  This break was worth it for me since I nabbed another new Larkin card for my collection.  
172.  Jose Castillo - Pirates

As with most of the above teams, the Pirates are also still available.  In other news, PNC Park is a great place to catch a ballgame - and this card shows the ballpark so you should probably claim the Pirates now! 

As you can see, the cards are quite nice!  Since I've only opened one pack (and we didn't get two cards from the same team), I do wonder if all the players have the exact same background or if Donruss used different stadium shots for each player.  I guess we will find out in due time - and that time would be a lot quicker if you'd claim a team (or two) right now!

Comments

  1. Watch out for the Cubs. They have a lot of depth backed up. The Cub Way will be embraced by the fans and it is already taking hold in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see Corey Koskie, I just see a cranky old man. Every time I've run into him (TwinsFest, at his gym), he's just come across as being some old disgruntled curmudgeon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment